Planet Oscora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Planet Oscora

Home of the Soturies, and their owners

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Leopard and the Dragon- Shaw and Zeto

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Shaw's muscles burned with the triumph of a successful training session. She left the practice dummy scarred but unbroken and as well perfected the kill-move she had been working well over a month on. If the move did not work, it would at least put her in a good place to attack but keep out of reach of returning moves from the demon cats. For now, she wanted some water.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

A day in the field with little work to be found, Zeto returned to the ruins restless. Sitting up in the stands waiting for something to be sighted, or wandering a forest in search of a fight just.. Wasnt enough. His energy kept his tail swishing frustratedly, pacing back and forth through the packs lands until he decided to say screw it. He would report to the lead of Balius later, for now he was off. His paws flew across the land, tail lashing out behind him with every stride, only slowing to leap fallen trees or to avoid other Soturies.

Only when he reached the rivers did he slow, and then it wasnt even to a complete stop. Without a second though, Zeto through himself into the water, allowing himself to submerge completely before even considering the quick paddle to the surface. He had always relished in the waters soothing factors, allowing the current to pull softly at his fur as he stood in the water. He swam calmly around before paddling towards the waterfall, standing beneath the spray of the falls.

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Shaw trod through the forest, allowing the burn to grow and finally ebb away as her body grew used to it. Her mouth was parched, tongue dry as she made he way down to the waterfall's top to drink. She always found the water there colder as it had fallen from the northern mountain-tops. With the water in sight she picked up her pace, slowing at the water's edge. Her bi-colored gaze caught the movement of a dark mass below. "Oh? Now who'd be out taking a swim now?" she wondered to herself, peering down to get a closer look while keeping her footing firm as not to slip.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

He hadnt heard her approach from the roar of the falls in his ear. However when he finally opened his eyes to peer at the world from the falls, he spotted a darkened form leaning over the falls' source. His fur bristled, paws leading him to pull back behind the water more until his tail swept across a rock wall. From here, he crept along the sides of the falls until he could get a better view.
At the sight of Shaw, he forced himself to calm, his fur slowly relaxed as he looked up towards her, projecting his voice in hopes she'd hear him over the falls. "Hello Teacher."

Last edited by Zeto&Harlem on Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

(...It didn't post last night...
Anyway, woah woah woah. Shaw's above him. I think. I'm confused now...
What's what you imagine?)

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

(I was a bit confused by it as well x3 Zet was sitting under the spray of the water fall so. .)

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

(Okay, that's what I thought. Shaw was at the top of the waterfall and saw him vanish under the spray of the falls and peered over to investigate. I was going to have her travel down the falls and see him.)

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

(Ohhhh kay gotchya I had thought she was standing on the regular bay of the river. Ill edit my reply ^^
Edit: Done~)

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Shaw could see that what ever it was had finally spotted her and was moving to get a better view, but she still could not make out what it was. She vanished over the top of the falls again, making her way carefully down the tangle of undergrowth and thorns to the water's edge. A smile pulled to her face. "Hello, Zeto." she nearly purred, voice just about drowned by the echo of the crashing water.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

At her descent, he scanned the area she'd left, waiting for a cadet or two to be on her tail. "What no follow alongs today?" He asked, his fur dripping wet onto the rock surface beneath his paws. "Surely the lads cant be done harassing you for a day, could they?"

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Shaw chuckled, both at his words and his wet-dartmouse appearance. "No. They're stuck with your sister all day. She's working on an important drill with them currently." she informed him, a twinkle of laughter in her two-colored eyes. She twitched her ears, scanning for any sounds, or more so the lack there of. "No one to yell at today?" she teased, nearing him.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Zeto felt at ease around Shaw, why wouldnt he? She was a pack member for as long as he could remember. More likely than not, they would have grown up together if not for his nasty attitude as a pup. Either way, her reply had him laughing. "Ah poor Esme. Between you and Esme, those runts should be exhausted by the end of their training days." He flicked his tail, watching watch fly from it before he shook out his fur, soaking the area around him and leaving his fur damp, but not sopping wet anymore.
"Nah, Xerxes apparently got complaints from the newbies that I was being cruel. Gave Balius a break. I was going to try some scouting around, but even that grew boring. So. Swimming. What about you?

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Shaw simply shook her head. "They will be tired by the end of the day, yes, but with their hard work they'll be even more eager to get their ranks." she smiled, closing one eye and drawing up a paw to her chest as he shook out and wet her and everything around them "Today has been rather slow; I just finished a training session. I was finally about to perfect that move I've been working on for the past moon. It feels good to finally be able to know it."

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Zeto nodded in agreement. "I dont blame them, being a cadet is an odd time, full of training and being scolded. Having a rank gives a sense of belonging as well." He settled onto his haunches to relax as they spoke. "A new move, hm? Of what sort is it? Care to teach an old dog a new trick?"

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

"You're hardly old, Zeto. At least not yet." Shaw barked, "But I will show you. It should work with your blade. Let me find a good stick and I'll use you as an example." She chuckled lightly, turning her back to him. She didn't feel like walking all the way back to camp. Not just yet; she just got out here. Picking a stick that didn't appear rotten she turned to face him now. "Attack me from the front or side." she ordered.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Zeto laughed, "Old enough to be out of your classes and away from Esme's training." He nodded a thank you to her, standing and moving towards her, retreiving his blade from his gear on the way. "So how will this go?" He asked, standing ready while she searched for a stick, his blade sitting on the ground infront of him.
At her order, he looked hesitant. "Attack you? A stick versus a blade..?" He trailed off, but at her expectant look, picked up his blade and lunged at her side.

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

She hasn't expected him to use his weapon, especially considering she only had a stick instead of her tanto. With a sharp yelp of surprise she slid out of his way, quickly grabbing his tail to keep him from ramming into a tree trunk. "I meant like a Felidae would! Or at least without your blade!" she fretted, eyes widened still with shock. How could he have been so brash?! She gave herself a shake, trying to calm herself.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

At her yelp, he slammed on the metaphorical brakes, halting before she ripped all the hairs out of his tail with her nip. He turned and gave her a 'are you srs' look, trotting a ways away to drop his weapon with the gear. Lets be real here, Shaw, how couldn't he be so brash. He pinned his ears back and flicked his stinging tail as he returned. "That would have been good to explain before." he muttered, looking the teacher over. "Are you alright there, Teach?" He asked as he moved into a more Felidae like fighting position.

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

"I'll be fine." she stated solidly, pushing away her fright. It had, after all, been her fault. She hadn't fully explained, what with being so used to cubs and cadets. She turned and picked up her stick again, facing him. "Any time your ready, wild cat." Shaw barked.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

At her reassurance, he gave her a measured look. He didnt care much for his safety, however as he gathered more from what the move entailed, his following actions were likely to get him beamed with that stick she held.
Oh the joys of practice... He waited patiently for her okay, and when she gave the go ahead Zeto, leapt out of his crouched position. He pounced forwards, forepaws extended to smack her like he had claws. However, in proper Felidae play, last minute he leaned into a roll, sending him rolling onto his back and back to his paws, inching his way around her. For his strong build, he sometimes surprised himself with the speed of movements, though the grace of his roll could probably be accounted for having to play the Felidae too many times to count for Esme's cadets.
As he crept around the teacher, he sized her up, trying to think like the predatory felines. Would they go after legs, or throat first? He had encountered beasts willing to do either of them before, however he'd noticed it was the slower brutes that went for the legs, trying to slow the sotu's before ending them. With a nod, he lunged again, this time aiming low for her legs, trying to throw her off balance rather than bite or break them as a felidae would.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum