Planet Oscora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Planet Oscora

Home of the Soturies, and their owners

You are not connected. Please login or register

Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Empty Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Records to keep track of the chat RP ^^

Dusk's paws moved across the barren lands surrounding the prison, stirring dust with every step. He took a deep breath, exhaling slowing as he calmed his mind. The day was hectic already- everyday was hectic. There was no way around that. His spear was strapped firmly to his side, his right eye closed as it always was. He hated how it looked. So... demonic. So... much like his Uncle Erebus' own eyes.

Harlem had lived in solitude for so long, this was a day like every other. She left whatever source of shelter she'd used that night and went in search of water, then food. With water having been found, she had went in search of the meerkat den she'd found in her last days of travel. Following old scent trails, she located the mound with no problem. Her only problem now... The damned meerkats weren't coming easy. The adults squeaked at her as she dug into the larger of the holes, the group panicking and popping out of holes every which way to nip or squeak at her. It was an amusing sight none the less, the female digging only to pause and whirl every few second to bite at a meerkat.

Dusk's long ears easily caught the sounds of someone on the edged of the prison-lands. His ears laid back against his head as he sneaked across the earth, hiding behind what ever there was to hide behind. He came nearer and nearer to the trespasser, glad that she was too busy with the prey item to notice him. He finally stilled, taking a strong stance and drawing his spear. Though, as he corrected his stance, he stepped on a twig, making it snap. His dark fur bristled and, thinking quickly, he growled out "Halt, intruder."

She had been too busy with her.. 'hunt' to notice the oncoming stranger. She could hardly care either, she was busy. Finally, her jaws snapped around a plump meerkat mama. Throwing her head up in victory she reared her paws back away from the rest of their group, spraying them with dust as she skirted away from them to finish her kill. It was only then that she noticed the new comer, battle ready and bristled with his measly growl. "Theres enough to go around, catch your own." She snipped back at him, her long ears listening for his movements as she looked away from him, nibbling on her meerkat prey.

Dusk was anything but a fighter. He soon began to feel his legs tremble despite all his efforts to stop then. "Yo-you're on prison lands. I-if you do not leave, y-you'll have t-to come w-with me. B-become a prisoner. E-erebus does n-not like trespass-ssers." he growled, still trying to hold strong. He was not ranked to do this, simply do as he was told, but he was sure his uncle would be pleased to have another worker under him.

She lifted her head at the tremble in his voice. A sly smile worked its way onto her voice. Harlem wasnt one known to play fair. She wagged her tail as she walked over to him. "Join you? Prisons? My My, you sound like a busy Soturie, hmm?" Her eyes glistened in delight as she noticed the shake in his legs. This sotu was nothing to fear. She walked around him, without a thought of his weapon, even finding herself pausing to look it over. "Who is this Erebus fellow, anyways?" She asked as she pulled away, lunging towards a meerkat trying to examine her prey, snatching it up in her jaws.

As she approached, he straightened up, stiffening. He trust his spear tip into her face, attempting a threatening growl, only to have it brushed off as she pounced back towards the meerkats. He didn't seem bothered by them running all around his paws. He was well-fed and had no need to hunt them. "Y-your new r-ruler...! Now c-come with me." he told her, trusting his spear tip at her again.

She had missed his first attempt to thrust the spear at her, the second one however she watched in annoyance. Her ears flatted backwards and her tail raised in objection. Harlem eyed the sotu in morbid curiousity. What would he do if she didnt? If his tremble had anything to say about it, he'd do nothing but bark. Maybe../maybe/, he'd try following her, She shrugged, making eye contact with him for a moment, before turning on a dime, nabbing her kill, and darting away to escape his attempts to bring her in to the prison.

Dusk yelped in complaint, sheathing his spear and racing after her. He was rather swift; had to be with the guards constantly on his paws. "H-hey! Get back h-here!" he barked after her, squeezing his eye closed tighter. He didn't want it to open. It made him feel like a monster. He always felt like a monster.

She crunched down on her prey as she ran, her paws thundering across the dusty area with a care free rhythm, she hadnt really thought the kid would follow, but as she glanced back at his yelling, she yelped in surprise, her prey falling from her mouth. She almost felt sad about it, but it wouldnt have been enough to really satisfy her stomach. At his yelling, she laughed, the two running at nearly the same pace, her keeping right out of his reach. "Why on Oscoras scorched earth would I do that?" She replied, glancing back once again to catch him with only one eye open. How peculiar. She didnt care to be caught, but curiousity has been said to kill the cat. She wanted to lure him away enough that she could talk to him without worry of his comrades finding her.

He watched her put on a burst of speed, growling under his breath in annoyance. Things just never went his way... Dusk did the same, pressing harder against the hardened ground. "Bec-cause you were or-rded to!" he told her, "Th-that's what y-you're s-supposed to do. Follow... o-orders."

Harlem giggled at his annoyance, glancing back every few moments to catch him thundering after her. Between the two of them, the savannah was covering in the dust their paws had been throwing up. After a few more minutes, Harlem slammed on the breaks, coming to a sudden halt and sitting back on her haunches, waiting for the boy to either thunder past her or to stop as well. When he came to a stop and was within talking distance, she replied happily. "Following Orders is for wimps not strong enough to give them. And besides, why would I follow a strangers orders? Thats dumb."

Dusk raced after her with tiring-gusto, but he was not expecting her to stop so suddenly. He slammed into her, his spear tip digging into the hard ground and trapping him in an awkward and uncomfortable position. "Help?" he whined, though he did not expect any, "That's what I've been trained ever since I was a pup. To obey and listen to the higher-ups..."

Zeto&Harlem : She hadnt expect him to slam into her, With a yelp, she quickly disentangled her limbs from his, and scooted away before sititng back down. She looked at him with a smile until he whined for help, only then did she aid in his untrapping. "Higher ups are schmucks. Why bother with them?" Her tail swatted at him as she turned around, walking a short distance away, "Why is a prison training pups anyways?"

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

He hadn't expected her to help and was grateful of it. He fell to the dust with an oof before picking himself back up. Her words caused him to bristle. "I-I'm no pup...! I-I'm twenty y-years old..!" he argued before grasping his jaws around his spear handle. It took some tugging, but he got it out, falling back into his rump. "B-besides... the pups a-are m-mushy m-molds... They can-can be shaped easily." he told her, "A-according to Erebus anyway..." He looked down at his paws, shuffling them. His mother had been so strong.. so independent. According to his father anyway. He wished he was more like her, but he was certain that Erebus would kill him for even slightly acting out.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Her ears pricked to attention. What? He was 20? No way.. She herself was only 15.. But she supposed that living alone changed a gal. His shaky timid nature fooled her, she'd have to make sure she never would fall for something like it again. She watched him quietly, flicking her tail curiously, ignoring his rambling. "So what sort of place is this Prison? Its got you shaking like a new born, so surely its no good."

4Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Empty Re: Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:08 pm

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

"The prison is as it says; a prison. There are rows upon rows, cells upon cells of caged vagabonds. They all work building walls and traps for Erebus. We, the ones who are free to walk the halls and keep the prisoners in line, have most been there since we were pups or young adults. We were torn down by cruelty and built back up with it. Either we accepted it and became such ourselves or fought it and got thrown in the pits with prisoners. Most of the guards who do get thrown in are killed not long after. There are few who just accept it as I have." Dusk explained to her.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

She looked at him incredulously, a thin frown on her Lips. "And you expect me to just follow you to that hell?" She laughed at his thought process, before abruptly stopping, giving him a venomous glare. "I will fight to my dying breath before being forced into such a hell." Her words voiced a challenge, a fight to the death. But she knew without her own gear she would have to rely on speed and cunning.
She dared not wrench her poisonous glare from Dusk, less he try to attack, but she needed to find her gear. She had left it around here somewhere, the shining Cresent shaped sickle with its deadly points and jags. She inched backwards as she glared, her paws searching for signs of the bramble she'd led them towards and had hid her gear under before departing for her meerkat hunt.

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Dusk's brows wrinkled at her words. "Then don't let them catch you. I have long since grown tired, but immune, to the screams and cries of the caged-ones." he told her flatly, "I am not the one to force you into the cell; but you should be wise to avoid the others. They will take you to the prison, dead or alive." He seemed to crack half a grin, giving a dry heave of a chuckle. "They're always so ready for a fight..." he murmured, voice cracking.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

She was surprised to hear the ease of surrender in his voice. So after chasing her, he was just going to let her be? Harlem could hardly believe it, actually, she flat didnt believe it. Her expression didnt change, but her posture did in the slightest. The tension flowed from her limbs, her fur softening out of its bristled state. She felt even better when her paw brushed across the cool steel of her sickle. As if a warning, she slid her weapon forwards, stepping into her gear and fastening it on, working quickly while shooting him glances until she had finished.

Once she felt more equipped to deal with the males perhaps false surrender, she allowed herself to ease out of the glares and growls she'd given him. "Why are you not that way as well?" She asked, stepping around him once again, her restless paws itching for movement and her always wandering mind not wanting to deny it. She walked around him, sizing him up, making mental notes of possible weaknesses, keeping a unwaivering curiosity over the eye he kept clenched shut.
"And if you are not of their ways, why do you remain with them instead of being free? Do you value yourself so little...?"

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

He had suspected her inching back as such. He simply sat there, watching her. "...It is all I have ever known. I was raised in the prison." Dusk told her simply. Much of his past he kept locked away; in fact he didn't know much of his past. Only that he'd never known much of his mother and that she was now dead. His father had convinced him that he was born in the prison and he never asked questions, other than for tales of his mother. Those were the only times he ever saw Gethen smile. Dusk wanted so much to make his father think of him like that and smile; he wanted to make his father proud and feel love toward him.

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Being raised in such a hell, she was not surprised that he thought so little of himself. She walked over to him fearlessly. The words he had murmured had assured her, need be, she could kill him easily. He seemed unsure, weak with words, fearful. She was the opposite. She stopped herself right in front of him. Staring at him for a moment, as if pleading for him to trust her. "Close your eyes" She ordered softly, resting on her back legs, bringing her forelegs up to gently settle over his eyes, forcing him to close them before she returned her paws to the ground. "Now Rub your eyes with you paws!" She expected him to peek, to look at her confused or annoyed, so she scooted back and followed her own directions, rubbing her paws over her closed eyes.
The action caused a weird effect, one Harlem always found amusing, aspiring. The darkness behind her eye lids seemed to light up with white flecks when rubbed, each moving as though it twinkled. It gave her an odd sense of strength. With a giggle, she stopped rubbing them, but kept her eyes shut. "Stars! Dont you see, prison guard? You hold a star system within you, we all do. So why do you value yours so little? Why are your stars less worthy than this prisons leaders? Or more worthy than the prisoners within it?" Harlem opened her eyes suddenly, looking at the male with a small sad smile.

10Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Empty Re: Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:26 pm

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

Her strong approach was intimidating, causing him to shrink back slightly as though she were going to lash out him with great anger. The softness in her voice was quite a shock to him, but he was not one to go against orders and closed his eyes. He sat up on his hind legs, perfectly balanced from years of practice, and placed his paws over his eyes and began rubbing. Despite what she said, he saw nothing. None of these stars she spoke of. He dropped back onto his paws, opening his right eye to look at her. "Because I have no stars." he murmured, looking down toward his paws. He was just as worthless as he was always told; he didn't even have those metaphorical stars.

11Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Empty Re: Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:41 pm

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

She narrowed her eyes at him. No stars? Nonsense! Everyone had stars! He just wasnt trying hard enough! She leapt off her paws, circling around him and settling to his side again. "Everyone has stars. Its those little flicks of white, the light behind your eye lids! But another way to find your stars. Look Up" She pulled her paws off the ground, balancing on her back legs and butt, one paw extending towards the sky, pointing at the sun. "See, the biggest star in Oscora's galaxy. If you stare into it for a while.." She trailed off, her own bloody red eyes staring up into the suns light. After about thirty seconds, she looked away with a giggle, her vision swimming with spots and colors. "See! Outlander, Surely you see now?"

12Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Empty Re: Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Master Ly

Star Helpers
Star Helpers

He watched her as she pranced around him, shifting away slightly as she sat next to him. He had never been allowed to be so close to another; he assumed the same with the outsider. "But stars do die. If everyone has stars, it only makes sense that those stars die as well. Does it not?" he asked her quietly, "A-and it's not smart to stare into the sun. It can make you go blind."

13Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Empty Re: Outlandish Excursions (Dusk & Harlem) Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Zeto&Harlem

Zeto&Harlem
Star Helpers
Star Helpers

She turned and scowled at him, her 'stars' making her vision a little spotty. "Stars do die.." She nodded with a frown, before smirking. "But that only means more are left to be born again! Matter does not die, just the form that it was once in changes." She nodded, not allowing him to change her half crazed insistent beliefs.
Harlem rolled her eyes at his comment of blindness, snorting and shaking her head. She reached a paw out to him, touching his chin with it and pushing his head up. "Just look, boy."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum