Planet Oscora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Planet Oscora

Home of the Soturies, and their owners

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nadir the Guardian

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nadir the Guardian Empty Nadir the Guardian Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:24 am

Nadir

Nadir

Nadir

Nadir the Guardian Image

The Law for the Wolves

"NOW this is the law of the jungle, as old and as true as the sky,
And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.

As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back;
For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Wash daily from nose tip to tail tip; drink deeply, but never too deep;
And remember the night is for hunting and forget not the day is for sleep.

The jackal may follow the tiger, but, cub, when thy whiskers are grown,
Remember the wolf is a hunter—go forth and get food of thy own.

Keep peace with the lords of the jungle, the tiger, the panther, the bear;
And trouble not Hathi the Silent, and mock not the boar in his lair.

When pack meets with pack in the jungle, and neither will go from the trail,
Lie down till the leaders have spoken; it may be fair words shall prevail.

When ye fight with a wolf of the pack ye must fight him alone and afar,
Lest others take part in the quarrel and the pack is diminished by war.

The lair of the wolf is his refuge, and where he has made him his home,
Not even the head wolf may enter, not even the council may come.

The lair of the wolf is his refuge, but where he has digged it too plain,
The council shall send him a message, and so he shall change it again.

If ye kill before midnight be silent and wake not the woods with your bay,
Lest ye frighten the deer from the crop and thy brothers go empty away.

Ye may kill for yourselves, and your mates, and your cubs as they need and ye can;
But kill not for pleasure of killing, and seven times never kill man.

If ye plunder his kill from a weaker, devour not all in thy pride,
Pack-right is the right of the meanest; so leave him the head and the hide.

The kill of the pack is the meat of the pack. Ye must eat where it lies;
And no one may carry away of that meat to his lair, or he dies.

The kill of the wolf is the meat of the wolf. He may do what he will,
But, till he is given permission, the pack may not eat of that kill.

Lair right is the right of the mother. From all of her years she may claim
One haunch of each kill for her litter, and none may deny her the same.

Cub right is the right of the yearling. From all of his pack he may claim
Full gorge when the killer has eaten; and none may refuse him the same.

Cave right is the right of the father, to hunt by himself for his own;
He is freed from all calls to the pack. He is judged by the council alone.

Because of his age and his cunning, because of his gripe and his paw,
In all that the law leaveth open the word of the head wolf is law.

Now these are the laws of the jungle, and many and mighty are they;
But the head and the hoof of the law and the haunch and the hump is—Obey!"
—Rudyard Kipling (1865–1936)

Name: Nadir
Mate: None at the moment
Friends: None
Foes: None
Personality Traits: Strong, Independent, Macho, Stubborn, Sarcastic, Witty, Invasive, Blunt, Sneaky, and Abrasive
Likes: Silence, a female's embrace, night-time, food, and embarrassing other Soturies
Dislikes: Loud or annoying things, Taking orders, and Getting Hurt
Theme Songs:
Wip

Last edited by Nadir on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Nadir the Guardian Empty Story and Art Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:30 am

Nadir

Nadir

Nadir's Story

It was a rather wet and cool night outside of the packlands, and as the sound of hungry predators grew near, so did the arrival of new cubs. A single mother, older in years is giving birth to what will be her last litter of cubs. Her eyes grow more and more weary in the small burrow she has dug in preparation of this day. She is becoming more and more vulnerable with each passing second. And, her mate was probably killed by the very beasts lurking outside of her burrow now. She is fearful, yet she knows that she must do what she must do.

Gritting her teeth together and trying to be silent, the mother gives birth her cubs one by one. She takes a moment to release each cub from its umbilical cord before she continues. Soon, four tiny cubs lay quietly in the den near their mother, each one of an odd color. In fact, one of them was solid white with black markings from head to rump, but not a single spot on its tail. How odd? Even so, in that very moment, the mother loved each of them unconditionally. She cleaned her children with care and nursed them, if only for a little while.

The sound of growls grew more threatening by the minute and soon, they stood right outside the burrow. The mother stood, looked at her young and turned to the enemies at her door. "I will fight for you, my children." She said as she ran out of the burrow. The were loud crashing and growling sounds from outside but soon, a hush fell upon the land as a defender had fallen. She fought valiantly and finally gave her life for that of her young cubs. But, even in her sacrifice, the evil monsters invaded the burrow digging in and devouring all of the fallen mother's young. All except one that is...

In the morning light, a figure arose from the distance. A Soturie from Xerxes's pack. The unsuspecting wolf was taking a morning stroll when something odd caught her attention. "Could it be?!" She said before running in the direction of the sound. She stopped when she reached a shallow burrow with the smell of blood thick in the air and the evidence of murder everywhere. She walked into the burrow to find a tiny little whitish pink cub whining behind a rock. It was covered in blood, but seemed to be alive. So the concerned Soturie cleaned the cub and took him back to the pack, where she everyone of the discovery and how lucky the cub was to be alive. Xerxes, feeling somewhat tolerant, allowed the cub to stay with the pack. Two weeks later, the cub opened its eyes and to everyone's horror, its eyes were the color of blood.

A black and white youngster is arguing with his 'mother', he searches for freedom, yet she keeps him inside the den more than most other youngsters."Can I go outside? Please, it's boring in here." He hangs his head as she denies his freedom yet again. So he walks to the doorway of their den and looks down the hall at the other dens. They were empty. And so, the young cub sat alone. His red eyes searching for anything in the darkness. Anything that might liberate him. "Mom, why don't I look like you? Or anyone in the pack for that matter?" The mother sighed and said "You look like your father, that's why you look different my son. He died before you were born, remember?" He youngster looked to the ground and said, "I wish I could've met him."

A strangely marked teenage Soturie sits alone and watches other teens his age fighting, flirting, and talking. He longs to be a part of the group, and to speak to the really pretty girl that everyone likes. Her name is {insert future mate's name}, and she will one day become the love of his life. "She is so beautiful ", he thinks and accidentally says aloud as he looks at her. She is guarded by {insert male name}, the pack's teen bully. He is mean and everyone knows it. If anyone crosses him, he puts them in their place with brunt force. He was twice the size of the black and white teen. She looked at the lone teen and he quickly moves his eyes from her's. "I have to impress her." He says quietly and then begins to think of a plan. Eventually, he stands and walks to the pretty girl. "Hello {insert name}, my name is Nadir. I've seen you around, and honestly, I think you are smoking hot." He shoots a cunning grin to her in only enough time to be face to face with {insert male name}. He was taller than Nathan, and his voice was a little bit deeper. Maybe he was older? I'm not sure, but he was definitely larger. "Why are you talking to my girl, Pipsqueak? Shouldn't you be at home with your momma? I heard she was looking for you. Go home before you get hurt." The larger male laughed in his face and said. "Why would I get hurt? Are you gonna hurt me tough guy? Well, bring it on. Let's show this pretty lady who the real man is."

Artwork of Nadir

Wip

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum