Planet Oscora
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Planet Oscora

Home of the Soturies, and their owners

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rukh and Freja - "Let me tell you a thing or two, young 'ne"

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Freja

Freja

((Going to assume he's a bit older than her considering he's a teacher. ^^ ))

Scouting was weird business. Freja hadn't really gotten into her new role within the pack as well as she'd hoped to, and it felt strange to be walking around with that tag over her head. Before she'd merely been there to fight using the abilities she'd been taught as a young one, but now she had an entirely different task. Being small and quick you'd think Xerxes had made a good choice in making her a scout. She could easily outrun most Felidae (probably a good reason for her not dying upon their lethal loss), and was sharp-sighted like a hawk. Nonetheless she found this role strange, especially the whole task of scouting ahead to make sure it was clear for the main patrol. Who'd want to go ahead and risk their own lives for peasants they didn't even like?

She missed her fighting days, she really did. She had been amazing, hadn't she? Swinging her rather peculiar weapon around and slicing throats off of the vile creatures. Now she was required to carry messages and make calls for danger instead of actively getting the chance to fight for her life. It was rather shabby in her opinion. She had always liked the thought of removing the scum creatures from their land as much as any other soturie.

Sighing heavily she flopped onto her side, giving a groan of boredom.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh was out to grab a snack before heading back to the teaching grounds. Even as a Teachers the peaceful life had suited him rather well up until now, so to suit his new position he was getting his own kind of training. He had been the peace talker over the East Mountains, being the one to make alliances to bring in large games for food over the cold months. Now that he was in a larger pack and the Peace keeper is filled he was forced into a role. Although it teaches Violence it is not violent itself. Hes been making great progress and is a natural at it, too good for someone who has never fought yet he still dose not agree to it.

He bounced through the runes a trail of black and white landing on him and fluttering away, making it look like he had a cape on. He stopped to sneeze and continued walking, unaware of the Fea who was not to far off, it was not until her groan that he went over to seek what made the noise. "Is everything alright?" he asked with a big woffie smile on his face. Tail relaxed, and ears happy his 'lunch time' could wait.

Freja

Freja

She had not expected to be approached by a stranger all out of the blue. Not at all. And it was clearly visible on her face. She sat up with the surprise, jerking up from her sideways position to a laying position on her belly. This way she was more able to look at the speaker, and judge what he or she had to say to her.

To be fairly honest, she could have sworn it was a female. However, the voice from earlier just didn't work very well with that theory in mind. Puzzled the soturie stared at him for a while longer, until she concluded by his body figure and deep voice that this was indeed a male. Once that much had been established, her suspicious, narrowed eyes moved up to meet Rekh's. Her eyes were challenging, but his face was calm and gentle so she found herself in a slightly softened, curious expression soon later. She was of-so-used to getting weird glances and stares, so the softness of his smile made her ponder of what this soturie actually was. He could at least not be normal, approaching a newcomer like herself just like that.

I'm quite alright," she said gruffly, not even stopping to say 'thank you for asking'. It didn't even cross her mind. For someone like him whom cherished a peaceful life, it must be a wonderfully enticing thing to find a bitter, frustrated soturie like herself and find a way to bend her mind to actually enjoy life in the cave and keep the peaceful stature in place. "Who are you?" she continued with the same rough voice, not even intending to sound friendly despite the fact that he was incredibly nice towards her. Her face betrayed her interest and curiosity though, mostly because this would be the first soturie from the new pack to actually talk properly with her. Or at least greet her like an equal.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

He sat down on the soft grass avoiding his distance from her strike range yet sated close enough to carry on a conversation. "My name is Rukh, and my friends hear are butterflies from my travels" he wanted to introduce all of him even his friends. "I'm sorry as if i startled you. I do not often hear sounds like that." Looking around he noted the place that she lay, "Its just unlike others to lay freely in the open; most do not in fear of being seen yet you are an odd one." his shepish wolfy smile returned to his face. His comment was suppose to be a friendly comment, but she may have taken it rather rude.

"Why so shocked at the Kindness of one of your own?" He spoke before thinking. Only to soon realize she was a new face to the lands. "I'm sorry that was rather rude, on both accounts" he said softly bowing his head to her to show remorse.

Freja

Freja

The fae tilted her head to the side, studying the male with a very confused expression on her face. Butterflies, huh? Quite the nutter, with other words. She couldn't ever imagine finding a soturie that had said he befriended butterflies. The nasty little insects had never appealed much to Freja, and she tried her best to ignore the tiny bewinged worms. "Like what? This?" she said sharply and made another groan, rolling her eyes. "Unlike others? What do you mean? We all lay around at times, besides it's not like I'm going to be jumped by a Felidae at any moment. They're too busy ravaging and ruining my birthplace to care about me," she said and snorted with discontent. She hated the thought of the felidae rampaging through her cozy nest, breaking it apart and tearing the feathers she'd decorated it with into pieces.

She gaped at him upon mentioning her as his equal. One of my own. Pfah! He seemed to realize his mistake though and Freja quickly dropped it, though kept a suspicious eye on him. "I'm hardly someone you can count as your equal, and kindness is nothing which I'm common with from the likes of you," she said coldly, referencing to Xerxes' pack by doing so.She was in one of her foul moods this day in particular, and she didn't exactly feel like being mild and approachable despite the rare event that had just found place.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

His ears perked up when she made the noise. "yes that, I dont often hear that unless someone is fighting." He shook his coat and sent a spew of butterflies to the skies around him. They were becoming annoying today sticking rather close to him, thus usually implying bad to happen. Thinking no more on it they soon settled back on him and he let out a soft sigh internally. "Well I guess your not going to here, its unlike the others because they rarely lay out in the open. Save zone or not, things can still happen"

He stopped saying things for a moment and listened to her more intently"What do you mean where did you come from my dear?" he asked tilting his head slightly. Although he has traveled a lot he did not know all around him or things about this world because most were brought on by fighting. He saw her stubbornness and sat something rather sharp to her, his tone was snapping but not anger, it was more of a 'for your information' tone. "Weather you are from here or another pack we are all born from the same descendants once long ago. The same blood that runs through my veins can very well run through yours. So I very well will call you my equal, even if not by blod we gather here for a common thought and want, and that is to live." His tone changed from snappy to more stern and stone like sounding like an elder from the older times teaching a pup storys of the past.

Freja

Freja

Freja snorted, but couldn't help but chuckle lightly. At least she still had the ability to make the sounds of battle, despite not necessarily being part of the biggest fights any longer. Butterflies flying out of his coat soon after made her freeze with a slightly frightened expression, her neck fur rising lightly as the small buggers swooped by her before returning to their 'master'. She had to admit, it was something very unusual about this soturie. She couldn't quite place her paw on it, but he just seemed... Unearthly. Supernatural, almost.

"Hah! I'd love for something to happen, this place is more boring than the nursery used to be back when I was a pup," she said speedily to his retort on caution in the wild. She didn't bother about that, she wanted to be free of the oddly pressing walls of the caves. "Cinna's pack," she replied curtly, assuming that the soturie had heard of the newcomers and why they had arrived.

It surprised her slightly when he assumed a much more stern tone of voice, though. She hadn't expected that of the seemingly passive male. "My blood is not that of peasants. Cinna's pack has different blood than Xerxes, and that is what I've chosen to believe. I'll never be your equal, and in this pack I shall forevermore be oppressed and pushed down from my rightful position," she shot back at him, without any hesitation. "Life with no purpose is no life at all, wouldn't you agree?" she said grimly and rose to her paws, shaking the dust out of her pelt. Unlike him, only grains of sand flourished from her coat upon shaking it.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

Knowing she would not abide by his thoughts although right he just sat there now talking to dig into her character and thought deeper. He would say nothing of his intentions and hope his knowledge of words would hold off her sharp comments and reply. "Take a moment to look around you things happen even as we speak. Not exciting to ones eye now, however it is life at its finest. slow down for just a moment too look at what you have and you've been blessed with."

He wanted to think on the name of the female name. "Ah, yes i know her well. Not well, but i have heard good from her." He did hear good of her yet the amount was slim to none. Yet the important thing was he knew of her. "My dear we all come from somewhere, there was a start somewhere. While not related we all share a single Ancestor. Thus royals and common are of the same equality, ones ego may change the look to this." He hoped to see some progress in her but doubted any still existed.When she shook he continued, "It may not look it, but my life as I know it is over. My skills no hold no purpose. But I love to help other and speak or teach and have found such here to time."

He wanted to draw her attention again, so he relayed some of himself to her so she knew there were others here. "I am of royal blood as well, yet my blood was the downfall of itself. And when she was taken the clan split down the middle even my family took sides." he had stopped there to watch her for a moment before taking a deep breath holding it and letting out as a small and song-full howl. It was an exhale but also much like a whistle and with that the butterflies left on an instant none hanging around and all leaving away from the fea.

(sorry it took so long ive been on my phone and its hard to set reply's with tiny keys. i havent forgot about you!)

Freja

Freja

Something about this soturie deeply disturbed her. It might be his strangely lit eyes, or perhaps his coat, or perhaps his entire being... All she knew was that he was making her fur rise with discomfort, and she didn't even know why. There was something about this male that she simply couldn't understand. "Blessed with? I lost everything when the Felidae invaded, I don't think I'll ever enjoy nature again," she said sharply, looking away from him because she was unable to hold his stare any longer. This was highly unusual for Freja, she'd always been the kind to stare head-on into everyone's eyes to intimidate them, but for this soturie she was forced to look away herself.

"Nice for you, having found a new purpose for life," she murmured grimly, ignoring his lesson about everyone coming from somewhere and that they were all equals. We aren't. If we were, there wouldn't be rankings and there wouldn't be a difference in respect within a pack, she thought to herself, not saying the words out loud since she was not in the mood to discuss the topic.

Her ears perked as he mentioned he was of royal blood. Just how many of the soturie within this pack was former heirs and royalty? She had already met one other soldier whom had earlier been an heir, and then there was of course herself and her siblings. Hmph, funny how we all let Xerxes thread on us like that. If we had the guts we'd break from his pack and form our own pack, we're surely many enough to do that, she thought to herself, her radical thoughts already starting to spin in her head as she spoke with Rukh. His howl broke through her thoughts though, as when the butterflies left in a flurry of silk-thin wings. She cowered lightly at first, then frowned. "How do you control the butterflies?" she asked with a demanding yet curious voice.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

He chuckled kindheartedly when she said she has nothing that remains. His questions reigned again. "did you lose your life? No. Did you lose your family? possibly some. What you lost and i feel your bitter with is that you lost your independence as a clan." he looked to her again and saw her avoidance of his eyes and softened his stare. "You care for your heritage and past of life seemingly things do not strike me as odd most who lose something feel such ways." he smiled gently before standing. "you have purpose weather you like it or not ever life dose such."

With a twitch of his ears he turned to see his companions off as the were like a cloud of black delving deeper into the forest. turning back to her after bowing his head to them he sat again. he looked straight into her yellow eyes. "I don't" he paused "they come and go and as they wish, yet more and more have been coming as of late." he closed his eyes and took a moment to breath and recenter himself without his friends "there is a frequency of howl that i can dismiss them with if they get unruly or makes another uncomfortable." his gaze shifted back to her as he spoke again.

Freja

Freja

His words were confusing, yet she could understand them at the same time. She glanced at him cautiously, happy to find his strikingly intense eyes removed from her scalp. She didn't strike a comment at what he said, nor did she nod or make any sign that she'd heard what he had just said. In fact she seemed rather lost in her own world. What purpose did she have, then? He was presenting it so simply, so neutrally that he almost believed him when he said that she existed for a reason, but somehow she failed to pinpoint it.

Suddenly his head turned back towards her though, and she found herself staring right into his bright eyes. The very moment he did this she flinched visibly, looking awkward and surprised at the same time, her gaze shifting away in the search of something else to place her sight at. A dusty rock on the side of the path would do for now, and she became oddly interested with the small rock. "Well... Who are you then? Are you a magic-user? A shaman?" she asked, daring herself to glance up at him as she spoke these words. He certainly looked celestial enough to be of shaman-material.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

swishing his silken tail through the grass blades he looked around them. Silence fell between the two like time was standing still nothing seemed to move or make noise, even the wind that danced softly through these parts was still in moments time. livening the mood he chuckle softly and stood "Walk with me my dear will you? I will tell you all you ask, I do not stand in one place for too long."

he began walking and kept his gaze off hers directly only glancing to her now and again after taking a few steps he stopped short. Her words stung him, more then he would give another credit for. You could not tell this through viable features, nor could you thought facial expressions "Neither, I am just a soul here to live." he took another step or two before speaking again " My family the Eastern Tribe everyone had magick. It was such a rare occurrence when one did not have magick they were sent to leave. When early signs showed we had no magick we were left to venture our own. Hence why my sister was lost as a pup. The butterflies they kept me from being disbanded from my home."

Sniffing the air he also was looking for a place for the two to walk. His tail swished and flicked when he could not decide a path and just wanted to walk "Because I had a magick for the butterflies they let me do my own i did not have to fight nor did i heal. I simply spoke the truth and bridged the clan with others. You could say i was a peace keeper, a treaty maker" he looked to her and smiled "What they did not know is I do not control magick it dose not course through my veins and it did my three brothers and parents. To this day i do not seance the magick in me"

Freja

Freja

Walk? Freja had never felt these same urges, apparently, as she did not at all feel the need to walk now. Especially not with a male whom quite frankly freaked her out a little. As if she was afraid of being eaten if she did not agree, she followed the male anyhow, always keeping quick glances towards him and feeling somewhat tense with the situation. She was suspicious of him, didn't like the way he hung out with butterflies and could seemingly communicate with them. It troubled her more than she liked to admit.

His story was rather peculiar to say the least, she could not remembering hearing a more bizarre background. Honestly, who set their children off into the woods if they missed a thing or two? She had never heard of such a case. Then again none of her pack had been magic users, had there been any, or as common as in his former pack they'd probably react negatively should they produce offspring unable to use this strange substance named magic. "That doesn't sound good," was the only real answer she could come up with. She hadn't asked for his past nor for a long story, she just wanted to know what he did for a living. She sighed and decided to not say so, in the fear of making him annoyed. She'd rather not know what this male was like when angry.

"I see. Though, what position to you have in this pack? Xerxes'? I have not heard of any role named 'peace keeper'," she murmured cautiously, trying to find more information about him. He was so strange, she couldn't help but find him amusingly entertaining. And a bit scary.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

"simply a teacher anymore, and yet i need myself to be taught what i need to teach" he chuckled and sat down after a bit of walking. A large tree with the bluest flowers stood before them and he bit one of and tucked it in his fur. It was for Valk but she didn't need to know this. "Good or not my mother and father prided them-self with only keeping the best of the best with them. It was such a way of life. We did not simply get kicked out tho, it was apparent that we were not taught or watched like the others they simply did not care"

Seeing her discomfort he did not know how to make her feel more comfortable. "well thank you for the company and letting me acquire myself with such gracious company" He smiled gave her a bow and headed back the way they had come.

Freja

Freja

She listened to him carefully, walking by his side. A teacher, huh? She had seen them around, but had never really thought of teaching as a rank. They'd had soldiers train them back in Cinna's pack, in which she'd learned all her most complex moves. The thought made her smile weakly, remembering the good old days. She didn't make any comment to his father nor mother's pride in kicking out unwanted, unnecessary pups. Cruelty at it's finest. All pups are worth something, she thought to herself, not entirely sure why she thought so considering she'd never viewed herself as particularly motherly.

Then he said he'd leave her alone. It came like a swift sneak-attack, she hadn't even seen it come. "Oi! You just told me to walk with you and you then say you're leaving a moment later?" she said in a sharp tone, looking after the male. Sure she felt uncomfortable with him around, but that was at all no reason for him to leave so soon! If you ask for something, you damn well may follow through with it as well, she thought to herself, rather irritated at his sudden need to leave.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

with a smile he looked back to her and stopped in his tracks "True I asked to walk with me, yet your furs have stood on end since i came over to you. I do not wish to push others to uncomfortable limits" he smiled looked to the path ahead of him before looking back to the fea "If you wish you may fallow me, im sure we can find something of common grounds to speak of while i deliver this" he motioned down to the flower in his pelt. He had been bringing another fea in the pack a flower every day it was his ritual and he so enjoyed doing it.

He waited a moment to see if she would fallow him, it was true he did not mean to drop the conversation so quickly but it was that time of day he knew right where to find this fea and did not intend to miss it. He had hoped she would come with and talk more with him "well are you coming or no?"

Freja

Freja

Freja had to admit he was right, the male did make her fur crawl as if she had a thousand worms slinking their way behind every strand of hair. However, she found this as a challenge for herself that she'd have to overcome. She had no doubt that Rukh would be a good ally over time, and she never liked to admit defeat. Letting him leave would be the same as seeing her victory slip through her paws, and the competitive fae had no plans of such to happen.

The flower sparked her curiousity and she quickly trotted after him, hesitating only a moment longer to hear him ask if she was coming along or not. Soon she was by his side again, walking calmly by him. "Who's the flower for?" she asked, her eyes round as she inspected the flower. At least she'd figured Rukh had a gentle side, which was a nice thing to know. It made her relax a little, knowing that he had the heart to deliver flowers to other soturie. She already knew he was calm, but alas she had grown very suspicious of others and never really trusted anyone that was quite as calm as Rukh was. Still, she was determined to confirm her suspicions, or have them rejected. Time would show whether she was right in her suspicion of overly friendly individuals.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

He had smiled to her when she caught up. "For a Fea i have enjoyed my company with, her name is Valkyrie. She has shown a side of me that i did not know even was around" he continued to walk watching his feet. he started to hum softly a song of his home land. It had no words just a beat of drums "Spending my days with her and talking reminds me of the peace i brought back home. She a spirited female that is for sure but i see a soft side in her and she bring out a protective side in me"

he continued to walk lost in his thought it wasnt until his feet carried himself to the fae, he delivered the flower and smiled before turning and walking back out and walking to Freja. "So you said Fun what is this fun you speak of?"

Freja

Freja

Freja's ears pricked as she tried to catch the name, the sound of it leaving a funny taste on her mouth when she said it out loud. "That's a nice name. Can't say I've seen her before, though," she murmured and shrugged, recalling how almost every soturie whom she had not grown up with were unfamiliar faces in her presence. She listened closely to his humming noises, finding them almost unearthly. It sent chills down her spine, and she was once again suspicious of the amount of magic this male might be controlling. How can something that clean and pure not contain magic? she thought to herself.

"It's always nice when someone has that ability. To draw your other sides out, I mean. The ones you desperately try to conceal," she murmured and shrugged, watching him deliver the flower to an orange and white fae whom Freja could not remember laying eyes on in the past. "Fun? You haven't heard of fun before? she said and tilted her head to the side, puzzled.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

he stopped humming and looked to her after returning "It's not that I try to hide it, I just prefer peace than bloodshed. it has always been the case, I can fight almost as well as my sister Omi -Blut- but it feels un natural to me I cannot think I just have to act, its impulsive and anger-some" His voice cracked as he was speaking and he noticed he grew quiet for some time. With his ears and head down he was ashamed of himself. To show emotions of anger around others, for this break of will he decided not to eat dinner nor breakfast. His night would be spent In the Training dens and he would not sleep.

How ever the longer the though on it he was happy with his punishment, he looked over to Freja as she broke his silence "Yea, I remember fun, but mine is surely different then your own. So what may I inquire is fun for you?"

He looked back up to her smiled with his eyes closed and swished his tail. The wind wiped up and the butterfly marking on his night sky fur looked as if they were flying. he could smell. . something. . in the air but could not place it, it was odd. He did not have his harness or his weapon and he started to head to his den instinctively listing for the fea to respond

Freja

Freja

Freja shrugged and watched Rukh carefully, wondering what kind of monster the peaceful Soturie would become should he come in a situation of life and death. Part of her wanted to test it, but the other half decided it would not be a good idea to provoke something when Rukh himself said he preferred not to fight. "You prefer peace. But what about our enemies? They do not prefer peace. The vile felines won't hesitate to attack you violently, and not reacting would lead to a devastating demise for yourself," she spoke, noticing how he bowed his head with shame. "To fight is not shameful, if you fight for the peace of others. We cannot live in peace before those felines are set to murder us all. Thus a little bloodshed from our side is justified," she said firmly, content with her beliefs. I'd kill every one of them if I could, she thought.

"Fun for me is the ability to run. Fight," she said, shrugging. He was most certainly right, fun for her was incredibly different from his, considering killing would be against Rukh's morals. "Or have a laugh with my friends," she added quickly, as if to convince him that she wasn't some sort of killing machine with only one idea printed in her mind.

Unlike him, she was carrying both her harness and her long curvy weapon. She never left the den without them, her mother had always been very strict about that when she'd been allowed to go outside as a grown-up. It was, in fact, their only defense. Enemies could lurk everywhere, and to Freja attack was the best form of defense.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

"I am afraid to kill i have before and i will again, my problem with fighting is it is un-explainable. you cannot think and fight at the same time," he paused to look over to her "one may not explain what they do in the heat of a fight it is just instinctive and you act on what makes the difference of life and death, I prefer knowing precisely how things turn out, as well as swaddling them the way i feel they need to go." he let out a soft sigh picking his head up. They were at his den "excuse me a moment", he dipped in and harnessed up grabbing his black and blue scythe as well as fitting on his mothers claws to match his scythe.

Upon return to the fea he smiled and swished his tail. "For me fun would be outsmarting opponents without picking up a weapon, I like impressing others with skills no other have." his ears twitched and his tail blew in the wind. He sat down on their walk to who knows where and listened for some time.

Freja

Freja

Freja nodded at the soturie, shrugging. "I cannot see how you fail to think and fight at the same time, but I assume fighting is pure instinct for some. To me it requires lots of thinking, to get the technique straight," she murmured, not really that sure what to think of this "instinct" of Rukh's. It could prove to be deadly if he could not use his mind to decide which of the targets he should go for. Freja had a vivid image of the scary-looking male leaping on his own teammates "I believe you can control your instincts through hard training and mental awareness of what happens around you," she explained, glancing at the soturie as he picked up his scythe. It sure fit him well.

"Outsmarting anyone is amusing," she agreed with a teasing smile on her face. She joined him in the temporary pause, sitting a hop away from him simply because she wasn't fully comfortable with being too close to him just yet. "Say, do you know what the stars are made of?" she asked out of the blue, staring at the rather pale sky which would soon be dotted with the strange, white spots.

Rukh ~ Asuna

Rukh ~ Asuna

He chuckled a bit, "My dear the instincts i talk of are the way i move and avoid danger while giving fatal blows after they are worn out" He simply smiled her way "I could never go after one of my own, all of us are family in a seance, and to hurt family is a wrong in my eyes."

Looking up to the sky as she spoke he smiled. "That it is and ive become quite well of it" he gave her a sly smiled before looking back up thinking "Id like to think they are the dead souls of all life, good or bad because every creation deserves a beautiful end. But i cannot, to me that makes no sense and i see them as little sky lights" he stood and wind stirred up "What do you feel they are?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum